Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

... And Home Again

It was great to have had so much opportunity on the road this past week. Meeting new people and catching up with so many old friends along the way was a great encouragement. Each event attracted a wide diversity of people, which is exactly how I think it should be. The final two dates in Leeds and Stoke were no exception to this and I enjoyed the varied dialogue with as many people as possible.

Feedback has been really positive and very kind - certainly enough to make me think the week on the road has been worthwhile. I really do hope that some have been inspired to re-evaluate the basis of what it means to be a follow of Christ on the margins and others who came along, feeling somewhat walking wounded, feel they have had some food for the soul to keep going.

The week finished off with a diversion back north to the BBC in Manchester, to do a short interview for Radio 4, before heading south to Swansea.

Thanks to everyone that helped out at the venues, put me up, fed me and supported the dates.

For those that weren't able to get along, here's a few snippets of feedback that have come our way:

"My head is spinning today, I couldn't get to sleep last night. What you said hit me and the mrs like a sniper's bullet. Daring to take up the challenge of following the Lord where he leads us."

"It was great to hear your radical and refreshing approach Sean in Reading on Monday."

"170 MILES, bit damp and chilly after a days work. BUT oh so worth it mate, enjoyed the entire evening. Keep up the good work."

"Encouraging, uplifting, honest, down to earth and to the point!
Nothing more than I would expect from Sean Stillman but I wouldn't have missed it for the world."

No comments: